Collaborative CHTN Efforts
The effects of frozen tissue storage conditions on the integrity of RNA and protein.
Auer H, Mobley JA, Ayers LW, Bowen J, Chuaqui RW, Johnson LA, Livolsi VA, Lubensky IA, McGarvey D, Monovich LC, Moskaluk CA, Rumpel CA, Sexton KC, Washington MK, Wiles KR, Grizzle WE, Ramirez NC.
Biotech Histochem. 2014 Oct;89(7):518-28. doi: 10.3109/1050295.2014.904927 Epub 2014 May 6.
PMID: 24799092 PMCID: PMC4213858
Eastern Division Publications
Lessons Learned During Three Decades of Operations of Two Prospective Bioresources.
Grizzle W, Sexton K, McGarvey, D, von Menchhofen Z, LiVolsi, VA.
Biopreserv Biobank. 2018. 16:6 483-492. DOI: 10.1089/bio.2018.0073
PMID: 304578779; PMCID: PMC6308275.
Protein Extraction from Methanol-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissue Blocks: A new possibility using cell blocks.
Kokkat TJ, McGarvey D, Patel MS, Tieniber AD, Livolsi VA, Baloch ZW:
Cytojournal. 2013. 10:23. DOI: 10.4103/1742-6413.122299
PMID: 24403950. PMC ID:PMC3869970
Archived Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Blocks: A valuable underexploited resource for extraction of DNA, RNA, and protein.
Kokkat TJ, Patel MS, McGarvey D, LiVolsi VA, Baloch ZW:
Biopreserv Biobank. 2013. 11:101-106. DOI: 10.1089/bio.2012.0052
PMID: 24845430. PMC ID: PMC4077003
Effect of Thaw Temperature in Reducing Enzyme Activity in Human Thyroid Tissue.
Kokkat TJ, McGarvey D, Lovecchio L, and LiVolsi V.
Biopreservation and Biobanking, 9(4): 349-354. (2011). DOI: 10.1089/bio.2011.0026
Midwestern Division Publications
Surgical Specimen Dissection and Tissue Procurement Manual, Version 1.0
Ayers LW, Nohle DG.
Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University, 8/12/2020. http://hdl.handle.net/1811/91999
Digital whole slide tissue images enriched by morphometrics provide region of interest (ROI) for selected technical procedures.
Parwani AV, Mandt RL, Nohle DG, Kellough DA, Ayers LW. International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER) 2020 Educational Program Series, Jun-Oct, 2020. (Poster ITO-02)
Acceptable Weight Ranges for Research Tissue Procurement and Biorepositories, 2015-2017.
Nohle DG, Mandt RL, Couce ME, Parwani AV, Ayers LW.
Biopreserv Biobank. 2018 Dec;16(6):463-466. doi: 10.1089/bio.2018.0068. Epub 2018 Oct 31.
Mast Cell Activation and KSHV Infection in Kaposi Sarcoma.
Ayers LW, Barbachano-Guerrero A, McAllister SC, Ritchie JA, Asiago-Reddy E, Bartlett LC, Cesarman E, Wang D, Rochford R, Martin JN, King CA.
Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Oct 15;24(20):5085-5097. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-18-0873. Epub 2018 Jul 3.
Western Division Presentations
- An End-to-End Donor Repository System in an Academic Environment, Kerry Wiles, Kay Washington, M.D. 6thAnnual Leaders in Biobanking Congress 2014, Seattle, WA
- Cooperative Human TissueNetwork, XY Congress 2014, San Diego, CA
- Transforming Business Operations of an Academic Biorepository through the Utilization of Measurable KPIsKiley Wease, Nicole Bollinger, Kerry Wiles, Mary Kay Washington ISBER 2014 Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL
- Retrospective Analysis of Reported Errors for Development of Key Performance IndicatorsErik Brooks, Kiley Wease, Ying Jin, Kerry Wiles, Mary Kay Washington M.D., PhD. Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Configuring and Implementing an Error Reporting Feature in a Donor Repository Procurement ApplicationErik Brooks, Kiley Wease, Matt Clement, Ying Jin, Kerry Wiles, Mary Kay Washington MD PhD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Lean Six Sigma Implementation for the Advancement and Innovation of Bio-Repository OperationsKerry Wiles, Bojana Zivak, Emma Judd, Mary Kay Washington MD, PhD. Vanderbilt University Medical Center ISBER 2012 Annual Meeting, Syndey, Australia
Western Division Poster Presentations at the 2011 European, Middle Eastern and African Society for Biopreservation and Biobanking (ESBB) Conference, Marseille, France include the following:
- Lean Six Sigma Implementation for the Advancement and Innovation of Bio-Repository Operations
- Integrating Zoho Customer Relationship Management with Bio-Repositories and Prospective Collection Services
CHTN Investigator Publications Worth Mentioning
The CHTN provided human biospecimens to a study that identified an active transoendothelial pathway into solid tumors. The design of the study incorporated several different approaches to dissect mechanisms that occur in a small subcellular membrane component and that is susceptible to rapid disorganization as cells are dissociated or lose viability. The authors of the publication below note the demonstrated mechanism underlying transvascular pumping by caveolae can be targeted to greatly enhance tumor penetration. This provides new opportunities for the study, interrogation, manipulation and treatment of specific tissues and cells in vivo. The CHTN provided tissues from normal and solid tumors (brain, breast, kidney, liver and prostate cancer).
- In vivo proteomic imaging analysis of caveolae reveals pumping system to penetrate solid tumors.Oh. P et al, Nature Medicine 20:1062-1068, 2014